Wow, what a year.
As I sit here in Zürich after Christmas I've enjoyed the chance to reflect on what I achieved this year.
When I sat down, I thought I had a fairly quiet year. When I started thinking, I realised that was a bit of an understatement.
In 2022 I:
- Got married!
- Packed up my life and moved from London to Switzerland
- Transferred with work to the Atos Zürich office, securing a promotion
- Was the Best man at the wedding of my best mate from school!
- Raced my first Ironman 70.3 in 37 degree heat (Rapperswil Jona, Switzerland)
- Started taking triathlon training a little more consistently, completing my first triathlon races, including Olympic distances at Dorney Lake in the build up to Rapperswil 70.3
- Swam 10,000 metres as 100 sets of 100 metres - it took 3 hours 14 minutes
- Cycled 400km in 4 days from the top of Wales to Bristol in the U.K.
- Completed our global Future Leaders Talent Programme at work, culminating in a week in Paris making excellent global friends
- After eight years as a Consultant, finally got that elusive transatlantic business trip, meeting colleagues and clients face to face after pandemic remote working
- Cycled from London to Brighton, and back - fuelled by Coca Cola and Fish & Chips
- Visited family in Chicago, having an absolute blast of a time seeing them for the first time in a decade
- Passed PRINCE2 Foundation and MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals - recognising some long used skills developed over various projects
- Picked up a sweet used mountain bike for CHF 155 (about £130) which saves me hours per week by reducing the time it takes to get to the pool, shops, and train station etc. I whacked a rack on it so I can carry panniers and I am honestly convinced a used bike for running errands is amogst the lowest cost, but highest ROI expenditures you can make.
- Started studying German - next year I need to pass my A1 exam
- Booked a marathon for December 2023 - a big hairy goal that I want to achieve before my 30th birthday
Onwards and upwards!